The CIO Roundtable Boston
Founded in 1996 by Alan Loss, the CIO Roundtable is a group of senior IT executives from many of the top financial services firms in Boston, MA. Membership and attendance is FREE for qualified IT leaders working in financial services.
Our monthly meetings combine networking, a quick lunch and words of wit and wisdom from a respected speaker.
Date: Friday, June 8, 2018
Time: 12:00 – 1:45
Location: CJP Building, 126 High Street, 2nd Floor, Boston
Opening Topic: Brainstorm of Next Year’s Topics
Join us in this discussion an help us define next year’s topics. If you attend, there is a pretty good chance your favorite topic way be selected!
Featured Topic: IT’s 4 Potential Roles in Digital Transformation
IT’s role and/or participation in Digital Transformation (DX) is neither guaranteed nor cast in stone once initially defined. It can be dramatically enhanced or degraded based on changes on senior company leadership, newly popularized technologies, change in IT leadership, a disruptive innovation by a competitor and other related reasons. There are, however, two key factors that, in the long-term, will help determine IT’s role in DX. These factors are IT’s organizational clout within the organization, and It’s willingness and ability to innovate.
This clout and ability to innovate are driven by a combination of leadership ability, flawless technical execution and other related factors. This talk explains these four roles and how this knowledge can be used to your company’s, IT’s and your personal professional advantage.
Speaker: Eric Bloom, ITMLE, CSP
About the Speaker:
A former CIO, today Eric Bloom is the Executive Director of the IT Management and Leadership Institute, the governing body of the ITMLP and ITMLE leadership certifications, and a leading provider of IT leadership, interpersonal communication and business skills training.
Mr. Bloom is also an Amazon #1 bestselling author, former nationally syndicated columnist, keynote speaker, TEDx Talk speaker, trainer, CIO.com contributor, past President of National Speakers Association (NSA) New England and an IDC Research Advisor.
He is also the author of various books, including his Amazon bestseller, “Productivity Driven Success: Hidden Secrets of Organizational Efficiency” and “The CIO’s Guide to Staff Needs, Growth, and Productivity.”
Contact him at eric@ ITMLInstitute.org, follow him on Twitter at @EricPBloom, or visit www.ITMLInstitute.org.
Future Meeting Dates and Topics:
- Topics for the 2018 – 2019 year will be listed this summer. Our promise is they’ll be great!
Previous Meeting Topics Have Included:
- The changing nature of institutional equity trading – Institutional Options Trading
- Agile in the Enterprise: Making the Transition Performance Attribution
- Navigating a Paradigm Shift: Risk and Regulation Take Center Stage
- Dynamic Buy-Side Business Intelligence
- The Influential Investor
- Enterprise Mobility – An Update & Outlook
- Enterprise Productivity & Innovation in the Era of Crowdsourcing and Open Innovation
- Buy-side Tech Discussion
- Leading the survival of central IT in the era of cloud computing
- Why Spreadsheet Controls and Management is Fast Becoming Mainstream
- Data Management – Some New Looks at an Old Challenge
- The Influential Investor – How Investor Behavior Is Redefining Performance
- Recruiting and Retaining IT Talent
- Tangible Applications of Big Data Eco System in Financial Services
- Managing Mobility: An IT Megatrend with Enormous IT Ramifications